Do’s & Don’ts
- Do not let the insurance company take control of your claim and your life. In the policy it is clearly stated presenting the claim is your responsibility
- Do find temporary housing for your family if necessary or temporary business locations.
- Do not sign any authorization contracts except temporary board up of property.
- Do protect the property from further damage.
- Do not let your personal property be removed by anyone until it has been properly photographed and documented.
- Do hire a public adjuster to represent your interest, if not us another firm that is licensed by the state.
- Do not allow immediate demolition or debris removal from property as you could destroy evidence to your claim
- Do contact us for a free consultation!
Do you fully understand the terms and conditions of your policy?
- Duties after a loss
- Covered losses
- ACV (actual cash value) vs RCV (replacement cost value)
- Exclusions and special limits
- Fair rental value vs additional living expense
- Guaranteed replacement cost
- Is co-insurance applicable to your claim
- Appraisal clause
- Proof of loss
- Do you know what examination under oath is?
Are you getting a fair settlement?
Do you want to know how to get more money from your insurance company? Schedule a free, no-obligation consultation to find out if you are getting a fair settlement!